The Performance Pro

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

For 2010: Commit to an "I can Do It" Mindset

Preparing for the New Year? Free yourself to the possibilities!
Think about what has held you down in the past, could it be the way
You think?

Holding onto negative things that happened in the past is a waste of energy and prolonged agony. In dwelling on the negatives, finding the excuses for not stepping into the future can come pretty easily. We tend to limit ourselves with which some call “stinkin thinkin”. Some of the most used excuses we use are:

1. I’ve never done it before
2. I’m not ready for that yet.
3. I’m doing all right without it.
4. I tried it once and it didn’t work.
5. It costs too much
6. That’s not my responsibility
7. It’s all someone else’s fault
8. I could ever do that
9. I’m not good enough
10. It won’t work anyway

Make a commitment to yourself to create a year of “I can’s” and “I will’s”. More than ever, these tough economic times create a challenge and the need for a willingness to step up to the plate. Believe in yourself, try new things, look for the good, and before you know it, you will have a “I can do it” mindset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home